[for better PDF copy click here]
The Great Reset
“Lincoln Bloomfield writes in his book A World Effectively Controlled by the United Nations : ‘world government’ will ‘come about through the establishment of supranational institutions, characterized by mandatory universal membership and some ability to employ physical force. Effective control would thus entail a preponderance of political power in the hands of a supranational organization’”
In 1990 Jesuit Malachi Martin wrote: “The competition is about who will establish the first one-world system of government that has ever existed in the society of nations. It is about who will hold and wield the dual power of authority and control over each of us as individuals and over all of us together as a community; ... The competition is all-out because now that it has been started, there is no way it can be called off … our way of life as individuals and as citizens … even the badges of our national identity … will have been powerfully and radically altered forever. No one can be exempted from its effects.”
“The late Georgetown University Professor, Carroll Quigley, “The individual’s freedom and choice will be controlled within very narrow alternatives.”
Fearful changes that were predicted for earth’s final generation are now emerging! They relate to a coalition of leaders who want to centralize the world’s powers by a mechanism they are now calling the “Great Reset”!
“We are living in the time of the end. The fast-fulfilling signs of the times declare that the coming of Christ is near at hand. The days in which we live are solemn and important. The Spirit of God is gradually but surely being withdrawn from the earth…. The agencies of evil are combining their forces and consolidating. They are strengthening for the last great crisis.”
That coalition is Biblically represented by “ten horns” on a “beast” (a nation) (Revelation 17), which a harlot (an unfaithful church) is riding. Horns are unique prophetic symbols of power and protection for whatever beast is represented. They are also “weapons” to defeat enemies (Deuteronomy 33:17). “And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings … these have one mind and shall give their power and strength unto the beast” [a nation contextually inside Rome] (Revelation 17:9). That beast is honored and worshiped by the world (Revelation 13:3, 8). That’s the prophecy!
The story of this global ambition began in 1891 when Pope Leo XIII published an encyclical called Rerum Novarum.
His passion was to see a new global “economic order.” He presented an array of social directives, veiled in a cloak of concern for the “workers’ rights.” It was an appeal to man’s innate covetousness. “You have the right to have … !”
In his philosophical agenda, the winner would always be the “working poor.” The loser would always be the “rich” (political talk), but actually, it would be the employers and/or the middle class. Leo denigrated capitalism! His ideology was not unlike many concepts of Karl Marx (Das Kapital).
Later, in 1931, Pope Pius XI, in yielding to the same “philosophy,” said that for the “common good,” “unrestrained competition” and “capitalism” must be curtailed! Labor unions must be encouraged! This “ideal” became the basis for the Catholic Social Doctrine, which supports a World Order run by a centralized administration.
To change the “order” of the world became a focused dream of the Roman Catholic Counter-Reformation. Its objectives quickly followed the formation of the Society of Jesus in 1540 (whose members are called Jesuits) and the Council of Trent (1545–1563).
- The former (1) established a geopolitical presence and (2) created a major, worldwide education system to influence global thinking.
- The latter unified the Catholic Church in its major doctrines and established the supremacy of the papacy, condemned the Protestant doctrine of “justification by faith” and rejected the view of truth based on Scripture alone.
Though major steps were taken to neutralize the growing success of the Protestant Reformation’s influence (from wars to inquisitions), God permitted it to become a Bible-based world Christian force.
Major setbacks came to Papal Romanism when Pope Pius VI was taken captive in 1798 and the Papal States (including Rome) were finally confiscated by the new Italian government in 1870, isolating Pope Pius IX.
- However, in 1929 the government of Italy, under Mussolini, conveyed to the papacy the Vatican City State.
- That was immediately recognized as a global nation, and within months it began exchanging ambassadors with other nations.
- Though the smallest nation (108.5 acres), it became one of the most powerful, claiming today 1.2+ billion church members.
Dreams were revived of a world order with a papal head. But the challenge: “What geopolitical event might be the excuse to move this into reality?” World War II became the first opportunity to restructure society to make sure a world war would never occur again.
World Politics and Power on Their Mind
Catholic leaders began to privately meet with President Franklin D. Roosevelt, outlining the merits of their “social doctrine” as a moral global ideology.
- That helped form the basis of his “New Deal.”
- On January 6, 1941, when he addressed Congress on its key principles, he called that dream the “New Moral Order.”
Intriguingly, the year before (1940) the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace published a document called a “New World Order.” It was soon adopted by the U.S State Department as a plan for permanent world peace.
After Roosevelt’s State of the Union address, a stunning map of the world divided into ten divisions (the exact number of horns on the Revelation 17 beast) was published.
Many mysteries deepened. At the bottom of the map were the key guidelines for world peace, called the “New World Moral Order,” which reflected the Catholic Social Doctrines. In addition, the country of Israel was there – but it wouldn’t be formed until seven years later! In addition, the North American unity was shown but wouldn’t be formalized until later as NAFTA in 1994! This seemed supernatural. Then dramatic moves to promote a new world order began.
- The Catholic Church and the Vatican, together called the Holy See, became an influential NGO (nongovernmental organization) at the United Nations.
- Then men like B. F. Skinner (behavioral psychologist), Britain’s Sir Harold Butler, Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands, William Jenner and President Eisenhower began to promote the New World Order concept.
In testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in 1950, international financier and political scientist, James P. Warburg, said: “We shall have a world government, whether or not we like it. The question is only whether it will be achieved by consent or by conquest.” !!! 
On February 9, 1950, that Senate committee introduced Senate Resolution 66: “Whereas, in order to achieve universal peace and justice, the present Charter of the United Nations should be changed to provide a true world government constitution.”
The Rockefeller Fund published a book in 1959 entitled The Mid-century Challenge to U.S. Foreign Policy, calling for a new world order.
March 26, 1967, Pope Paul VI published an encyclical, Popularum Progressio, to advance the social ideologies of the Vatican. The Wall Street Journal quickly noted that this was nothing more than “warmed over Marxism.”
Ayn Rand, a brilliant social scientist and genius of public thought, compiled a requiem for mankind, Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal, made up of essays by many leaders. Her reaction to that papal document came through her essay, “An Answer to the Papal Encyclical Progressio” (pp. 315, 362; 1967).
- She sarcastically said: “The encyclical is the manifesto of an impassioned hatred for capitalism; but its evil is much more profound, and its target is more than mere politics:
“The Catholic church has never given up the hope to re-establish the medieval union of church and state, with a global state and a global theocracy as its ultimate goal. This is the spectacle of religion climbing … in a desperate attempt to recapture the power it lost.”
But – there was, as yet, no clear path to a new world order. How can these ideals be implemented? What must that unexpected catalyst be to draw the world together in a “common cause?” Philosophical ideologies were being forwarded. Some crisis that required a centralized world power seemed needed.
Springing onto the world scene in April 1968 came a new organization, The Club of Rome. Founded by Catholic Aurelio Peccei, an Italian industrialist, and Catholic Alexander King, a Scottish scientist, plus a small international group of people (from numerous fields), it emerged as a “think tank” to address global problems!
- Captivating was its new world map that the Club developed which could better address regional world problems! Again, ten global divisions were made – again, paralleling the ten horns, giving power to the Roman beast (Revelation 17).
- Then followed a book in 1972 called The Limits to Growth, which outlined geopolitical crises that they claimed were pending, and which urgently had to be addressed. They were beginning to create a global chaos mentality that could affect every part of the world! That is where the real modern-day momentum began for: (Listing just a few.)
- Global warming – later, climate change
- Population control
- Eliminating world hunger
- Addressing dwindling oil reserves through “green energy”
- Lack of fresh water
- Transportation problems
- Arms control
- These “must be” regulated as global emergencies that everyone can work on together to resolve (Marxism)! It caught on and became a geopolitical agenda.
The World is Activated
In 1974 the United Nations sponsored a World Conference of Religion for Peace in Louvain, Belgium. A summation report entitled New International Economic Order, supported by the General Assembly, outlined a moral plan to redistribute the wealth from the rich to the poor nations. Since Pope Leo XIIIth, that had also been one of the objectives of the Roman social doctrine! A modern-day version came within The Paris Accord in 2005.
Pope John Paul II was inaugurated in 1978, serving until 2005. He had a keen interest in geopolitics! He quickly began to add weight to the voluminous geopolitical “social dogma” of the Catholic Church through three encyclicals, emphasizing:
- Human work
- Conflict between labor and capital
- Rights of workers
Notice, once again, the “cultural/political tool” of appealing to the working class and “man’s covetousness.” Faith in the Cross of Jesus Christ and our heavenly Father was not emphasized.
In each document he noted that “solidarity” (labor unions) among the laboring class was a “Christian virtue” which can benefit the “social order.” Later he stated: “The Church does not propose economic and political systems and programs, nor does she show preference for one or the other, provided that (1) human dignity is properly respected and promoted, [which she rarely perceives occurs] and (2) provided that she herself is allowed the room she needs to exercise her ministry in the world.”
That was her veiled geopolitical way of saying: “Our plans are superior to any other. Our leadership (control) can help all of mankind.”
The Apostle John noted: “And the ten horns [leaders of those ten global regions] receive power as kings one hour with the beast.” “These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.” As a consequence, “all the world wondered after the beast” (Revelation 17:12-13; 13:3).
The “beast” is that rebellious nation, the Vatican (identified in Revelation 17:9), which a riding “harlot” (apostate church) controls (vss 3-5).
Expositor White insightfully notes: “Prophecy foretells a restoration of her power [what Ayn Rand feared].” She will “regain control of the world”! Exactly as the Bible predicts (Revelation 13:7b).
In another international conference (sponsored by the United Nations) came this concluding directive: “Global governance solely based on national governments and their coordination mechanisms is not sufficient anymore to cope with the magnitude of global challenges of our time … [an] effective global governance is now needed!”
Tyranny of Presumptions
At the thirtieth anniversary of the Limits to Growth publication by the Papacy-driven Club of Rome, another book was written, trying to justify the original “fearful” conclusions that the world wouldn’t survive without drastic changes.
- The billions of dollars spent to deal with CO2 emissions did not change the environment; it only added millions in income to the elite and billions to selected industries.
- That Club of Rome’s thirty-year update claimed that the sea level had risen 10 to 20 cm since 1900. Hmmm?! Yes, that is the computer model reference year they used – before satellites and computers were invented to measure ocean levels!
Yet, the total volume of global ice had not changed. Later, the impact of a cooling trend demanded that the title “global warming” be reset to “climate change.”
All of the computer model-driven projections that devastation was ahead unless the world urgently does what is advised became nothing more than a “control agenda.” That struggle to “manipulate” the world into a “new world” continues.
Making it all sound as if geopolitics will create a heaven on earth, President George Herbert
Walker Bush noted in 1991, while addressing Congress: “What is at stake is … a big idea – a New World Order, where diverse nations are drawn together in common cause to achieve the universal aspirations of mankind. Such is a world worthy of our struggle, and worthy of our children’s future … the long-held promise of a New World Order.” (Nothing spiritual – but an idealism impossible to achieve because of the nature of man!)
Other Elite Voices Spoke out in Favor of a New World Order
Walter Writson, CFR member (and former Citicorp Chairman), said in his book The Twilight of Sovereignty, “A truly global economy will require ... compromises of national sovereignty ... There is no escaping this.”  [It must be anticipated!]
Strobe Talbott, CFR Director and Trilateralist, wrote: “Perhaps national sovereignty wasn’t such a great idea after all ... But it has taken the events in our own wondrous and terrible century to clinch the case for world government.” Talbott published this in an article, The Birth of the Global Nation, in Time Magazine, July 20, 1992.
- Looking again at the power base soon to be given to Rome in Scripture: “These [ten horns] have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast” (Revelation 17:13).
- “The agencies of evil are combining their forces, and consolidating. They are strengthening for the last great crisis. Great changes are soon to take place in our world, and [then] the final movements will be rapid ones.”
What will the catalyst be that brings this coalition together? It is in the globalist plans
to identify accelerating crises so severe that citizens easily submit to governmental control. The Covid-19 pandemic has been a most powerful tool!
Before he resigned, Pope Benedict alarmingly said: “Globalization, despite some of its negative aspects, is unifying peoples more and prompting them to move towards a new ‘rule of law’ on the supranational level … World peace can be ours if we only submit to a one-world government that manages our lives and our finances.”
July 7, 2009, Benedict published his third encyclical, Caritas in Veritate (Charity in Truth). This was a bombshell to all nations. He urged the world community to adopt a centralized blend of free market and social welfare ideals, and again called for a world authority to “manage the economy,” to bring about “timely disarmament” and “food security and peace” to the world.
- This pope implied that the papacy should be that global authority.
There was fierce reaction to his publication:
- “That encyclical is a deeply troubling document” said Catholic journalist Rod Dreher. “Why? Because it attempts to ally religious authority to the creation of globally centralized political and economic power, with the idea that if only we rationalize our political and economic relationships, and put them under the authority of a wise Authority, we’ll all be better off … in political and economic matters, it is a temptation to tyranny.”
- Professor Martin Fitzgerald of Catholic Redfield College, Sydney, Australia, says that the pope is trying to recover the idea that we are social by nature because we are equally children of God. He appears to make mankind more than neighbors but brothers, more than equality but fraternity. But to achieve this, he wryly observed, history has shown that it requires a police state!
Most insightful – and that is exactly what the new world order demands and the papacy craves!
A World Government Excuse Found
The dream of a centralized, controlled world by Pope Leo XIII in Rerum Novarum whetted the appetite of power-hungry elites.
The attempt to redefine the post-World War II world with the idealistic “New Moral Order” in ~1942 was a catalyst that lit a thousand lights to advance the concept of globalism.
- The failed League of Nations became the United Nations in October of 1945.
- The voices calling for a world government grew, especially among the world’s leaders and the wealthy.
- The Council on Foreign Relations took on new life in the 1945 to 1972 era, when over 500 world leaders joined this powerful, non-profit organization.
Then the think tank Club of Rome entered geopolitics. Its publications and map have influenced an international coalition of nations with common agendas, perhaps more than any one event.
However, the unification of ten world regions lay outside reality. The element of “control” remained elusive – until two things emerged:
- Klaus Schwab, a German economist, started the World Economic Forum in 1971 as a U.N. NGO. It burgeoned into a major power with its publications, forums and annual meetings in Davos, Switzerland. Attendees often numbered 2500. Forum membership cost $39,000 per year, and one must pay an additional $29,000 to attend the meetings.
- When the Covid-19 made its debut. Reaction to this pandemic was organized and global. It was first identified in December of 2019 in Wuhan, China. The World Health Organization declared that virus a public health emergency of international concern in January 2020 and a pandemic in March 2020. As of December 8, 2020, they announced that there were more than 67.8 million cases confirmed, with more than 1.54 million deaths attributed to COVID-19 (though major evidence is emerging that their statistics are vastly inflated).
In the middle of this contagion, Klaus Schwab published a piece called “Now is the time for a ‘great reset.’” He saw the Covid-19 as “the” reason to launch the controlling events for a world order.
- By then the amazing success of isolating groups (like churches), the lockdown of people, the closing of restaurants and even the wearing of masks, was apparent!
- Restriction of individual travel was manipulated in various ways.
- Devastation to small businesses prompted governmental “gifts” to help them survive (another tool to create obligation and dependency).
Schwab followed with these recommendations:
- Revamp all aspects of societies and their economies – from education to working conditions.
- All countries must participate.
- Every industry, including gas and technology, must be transformed.
- “In short, we need a ‘Great Reset’ [from] capitalism.”
- That had been the dream of many, from Karl Marx to Pope Francis. It is lockstep with the United Nations’ Agenda 2030 (an update of its Agenda 21).
The urgency of these recommendations is now based on the alleged massive number of deaths from Covid-19 and the devastating economic impact on world communities. (The latter was created by civil leaders’ isolation restrictions.)
- “We must build entirely new foundations for our economic and social systems.
- “You’ll own nothing” and “you’ll be happy about it.” That is fascism!
So excited were the elites that Time Magazine (October 23, 2020) devoted a whole issue to the “Great Reset,” stating that it will “usher in world socialism.” It will be a “time” to reimagine capitalism.
Pope Francis published a new encyclical, Fratelli Tutti (“Brothers, All” – October 3, 2020). It put his stamp of approval on the “Great Reset.” He rebuked the concept of “populism” (nationalism) and called for a “better kind of politics”!
Leaders Rush to Embrace the “Great Reset”
Joe Biden rushed to embrace these globalist ambitions in a phone conversation with the U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres (December 2020).
The next day Guterres told a group at Columbia University in New York City:
“The time has come for us to repent and mend our ways through a great climate and economic reset.
“Companies must adjust their business models for a green economy, and that means making carbon-free investments and follow the plans for recovery as laid out by the globalist organization….
“The world should take advantage of the ‘pandemic reset’ to create ‘a more equitable and just world.’
“This is a moment of truth for people and planet alike. COVID and climate have brought us to a threshold. We cannot go back to the old normal of inequality, injustice and heedless dominion over the Earth. Instead, we must step towards a safer, more sustainable and equitable path.”
Then Joe Biden developed an administrative theme: “Build Back Better.” Pope Francis reacted by saying that he found the expression “quite striking.” Then the Pope noted in a weekly article:
“‘We will be able to regenerate society and not return to so-called “normality,” which is an ailing normality, indeed which was ailing before the pandemic: the pandemic highlighted it!,’ he said, adding that the old normality ‘was sick with injustice, inequality and environmental degradation.’
“‘[This] is a moment to dream big, to rethink our priorities – what we value, what we want, what we seek – and to commit to act in our daily life on what we have dreamed of.
“‘God asks us to dare to create something new,’ he declared. ‘We cannot return to the false securities of the political and economic systems we had before the crisis. We need economies that give to all access to the fruits of creation, to the basic needs of life: to land, lodging and labor.’”
Peter Maurer, President of the International Committee of the Red Cross, said in October of 2020 that what is needed now is “Developing a vision of a society which is different, which is inclusive, which brings people together and which builds bridges where reality separates societies. This is at the core of our common view and endeavors. We certainly are very proud to be close to the Holy See and to the Pope in his efforts.”
Tyranny of Deception
Dr. George Barna and the Cultural Research Center at Arizona Christian University announced that studies show that the United States is moving toward elimination of a Biblical worldview as a cornerstone of society.
- Compounding this trend are the incredible closures of churches, synagogues and mosques. As this e-magazine was being written, a California statewide bulletin came on cell phones that there would be a lockdown (not even allowing outdoor church services) until after Christmas.
- Physician and Senator, Rand Paul, said on December 7, 2020, that lockdowns, spacings, closing of schools and even restaurants to allegedly change the trajectory of the disease, were of questionable value.
- “These restrictions are a form of tyranny.”
- He later said, “Major evidence that masks are of no value has now been published.”
A special analysis by John Hopkins University regarding Covid-19 has rattled the elites of the world:
- Total deaths of older people were the same before and after the pandemic began.
- Total deaths of all age groups were unchanged before and after the pandemic began.
- Covid-19 has had no effects on the overall total of deaths in the United States.
They concluded that there has been a misclassification of data. Has this been part of the globalist’s deceptive agenda to reset the world? The evidence is overwhelming.
President Obama campaigned on “Change you can believe in.” Evidence mounts that America and the world will soon see “change” they don’t want to believe in. Voices are urgently alerting us:
- Cardinal Burke recently warned that the “Great Reset” will introduce Marxism into the United States.
- Breitbart News noted that the scope of the World Economic Forum is influencing central banks and big businesses to help assure that the world is vaccinated for Covid-19. That would become another coercive platform for global control.
- World Net Daily said that this trend will crush the entrepreneurial spirit of America.
The Covid pandemic has provided a dark preview of technocracy. That and “climate change” has become the excuse to launch a “new world order.” Self-proclaimed, unelected, scientific “experts” have imposed their vision of control on society. They repress true experts who offer conflicting evidence to their “narrative.” Governments and corporations have submitted to these political leaders.
Biblical information reveals a future controlling nation (the “earth beast”) that speaks like a dragon (Satan), has life and death power over individuals globally and is related to the number 666. Many scholars and expositors see this emerging now. To achieve that stunning tyrannical control, there has to be a preparatory period. We have arrived!
As it was in the days of Noah, so today: “The earth also was corrupt before God” (Genesis 6:11).
Franklin S. Fowler, Jr., M.D.
Prophecy Research Initiative – non-profit 501(c)3 © 2021
EndTime Issues…, Number 245, January 7, 2021
 Lincoln Bloomfield, A World Effectively Controlled by the United Nations (Council of Foreign Relations, under a contract (No. SCC 2827) with the U.S. State Department, 1962), as quoted in Stuart, P. D.; Codeword Barbêlôn, Book One (Lux-Verbi Books, London – 2009), p. 156, 157-158, 166.
 https://clc-library-org-docs.angelfire.com/keys.html’ (1990 – Malachi Martin, Keys of this Blood).
 Testimonies, vol. 9, p. 11.
 Ederer, Dr. Rupert J.; Inside the Vatican, “America and Catholic Social Teaching,” October 2012, p. 42.
 Woolner and Kuvial, FDR, the Vatican and the Roman Catholic Church in America (1933–1945), Palgrave, NY, 2003.
 Quoted from Inside the Vatican, October 2012, p. 44.
 Sollicitudo Rei Socialis, p. 41.
 The Faith I Live By, p. 329.
 The Great Controversy, p. 565.
 Global Citizenship Ethics for Effective Global Governance – the Rio 2012 Window of Opportunity (http://www.glocha.info/gce.html)
 Testimonies, vol. 9, p. 11.
 Pope Benedict XVI, 2009.
 Dreher, Rod; editor, Reuters, The American Conservative, October 24, 2011.
 https://m.facebook.com/worldeconomicforum/videos/10153920524981479/?refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm. facebook.com%2Fstory.php&_rdr